Re: [IRCA] QSL Managers/DX Tests/Etc.

Greg and Patrick,

My rule of thumb has been to send at most 2 or 3 follow ups depending on if
the reception is a once-in-a-lifetime catch or regular. If a regular, I will
write a new report after that. If rare, I might send more than 3 follow ups.

I continue to try new people at the station. I typically look on the QSL
Information Pages (QIP), DXmidAMerica website and the IRCA bulletins to see
if the station has verified, who signed it and what type of verie was sent.

If I have no information I either send it to the station or to the Program
Director. I suspect the PD knows what programs and commercials they play.
Try the CE, GM, or even the show host/announcer if it's a local program. I
have also had luck with emails to links of station websites. Ask them if
they will verify a listener report, who to send it to and what they need.
Some have responded that they will verify by prepared card and some by
email.

I had 30 stations from my old listening days from 1985-1991 that didn't
answer my reports. I've written to 10 of those and 7 have verified. Patience
and persistence.

I believe that if you are polite and can find the person at the station
that's interested, then you have a chance. The key is finding that person.

A typical example is my recent KJOK-1400 Yuma AZ verie. I sent my first
report to the station address. After 2 months with no response I sent out a
follow up to the announcer that I listened to along with a prepared
postcard. The card came back in 8 days. Both reports had a CD of what I
heard along with a written report. The first has mint stamps, the second had
a stamp on my prepared card. I used a Yuma AZ postcard with the typed verie
statement.

I don't claim to be an expert but this seems to work for me.

I didn't know there was so much interest in QSLs anymore.

Martin Foltz
Mission Viejo CA