Re: [IRCA] KNUJ MN 860 with CJBC off (740 also off...)

On Saturday 17 December 2005 00:46, saulamdx wrote:
> 860 KNUJ MN > Burnt River ON 0015 ... no way on its 5
> watts night power. Also ESPN likely Douglas GA, Reloj
> Cuba, CJBC ON off.
>
> 740 Newfoundland with VOCM IDs, xmas etc music, couple
> Latins, maybe EE sports or talker

740 was CHCM (VOCM relay) and Cuba here, so once again I decided to hit the
sack and settle for recording on 860.  Reloj was ever-present, and XEUN R.
UNAM also good at times, with ID by a woman at 0202 EST.  Also, sports
talk from presumed unn. WDMG-GA came up at times.  More interesting was
the appearance of oldies music, best at around 0401 when I recognized the
song "To Sir With Love" by Lulu.  From other reports, KONO was strongly
suspected, but it was hard to be sure... luckily, the KONO website allows
you to check their playlist for the past 48 hours, and sure enough, that
was the song they played at 0259-0302 CST this morning.  I subsequently
found a few more recognizable tunes that correlated with their playlist,
though their signal was never much above the noise level here.  So, if you
had unid oldies on 860 last night, hasten to http://kono1011.com and check
it out!

Barry

--