[IRCA] Missing DX Test QSLs

Mike’s post on the inventory insert test included reference to the missing QSLs from DX tests.  This is the principle reason I don’t send many reception reports any more, as even the virtually guaranteed verifications are not forthcoming many times.  Rather than spend time with a report, with or without a recording, I’ll just drop and email or postal card saying thanks for the test, and move along myself.  I have no interest pursuing a station’s QSL if the person who promised the QSL cannot fulfill the promise, or is unwilling to do so after the fact.  Several DX tests over the last year have been met with complete silence on the verification request.

I do send reports for unusual receptions, and you can bet that if Fox Farms, WY, ever goes into the log here that station will get a nice letter.  If they choose to QSL, it will be most welcome, nearly as much as hearing the station will be.  But for the most part, I’m quite satisfied to have heard a station, and let it go at that.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Gerry Bishop

Niceville, FL