Re: [IRCA] Loop update 12-16

>> I built it first without the choke and used it for a week or so.  Then, I
>> stopped by Radio Shack and picked up a couple
>> of the clip-on chokes.
>
> *** Are these the same chokes intended for monitor noise clipped onto
> the cable ?

Yup.  Nothing special at all.  Kind of a rectangular deal, with two halves
held together by a plastic outer shell.  Probably a few dollars.

I have to wonder if this has uses on the other loops.  The feed is fed out
by a pair of wires that can be twisted and looped through a choke.  Might
improve noise rejection and possibly nulling symmetry.  Can't hurt, in any
event.

I have tried these on the antenna lead of a car radio which is all coax.
Made no difference, as you might expect.  Again, it was worth a shot..

Here's a different view of the loop base and feed:
http://www.am-dx.com/Graphics/loop_base.jpg

Craig Healy
Providence, RI