[IRCA] Emaiing Audio Recordings

Hi All,
When sending an audio attachment such as one from the recent DX test, what is the maximum size I should send?

Also, pardon my ignorance, but my cheapie audio converter says "wave sound" then also "MPEG Layer 3" - which I suppose is MP3.  I'm guessing that "wave sound" is'nt the samething as a "wave" file.  Thanks for your help.
73- Doug
ps. Knowing that KLIF wasn't testing has prompted me to go ahead and send in a report and file.