Re: [IRCA] An Annoying Car Stereo Problem...

Re: [IRCA] An Annoying Car Stereo Problem...

> if it's too much to fix, I plan to buy a different radio. Any suggestions
> for a wonderful DX friendly radio with a CD player or changer would help
> too!

I have had very good luck with the Blaupunkt Bremen MP74 and San Francisco
CD72 receivers.  Both have CD players, and the Bremen will play MP3's as
well.  Unfortunately, they are very hard to get a hold of.   I got my Bremen
from Stefan at SW Stereo http://www.swstereo.com/ and was very pleased with
the service.  The San Francisco came from eBay.  The Blaupunkt Twinceiver
DSP sets are excellent on AM, and about the best radios I have ever used on
FM.  That even includes the Yamaha T-85 on FM.

The JVC SHV-900 HD Radio receiver is a pretty good rig too.  Not quite as
good as the Bremen, but darn close.  Again, eBay was the source for that.
It has a CD player that handles MP3 and also WMA files.

It's hard to get a decent receiver for under $350 these days.  The Alpine in
my wife's Jeep is abysmal.  Spurs, and junk from top to bottom of the AM
band, and FM is nothing to write home about.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI