Re: [IRCA] Audio Optoisolaters

John,

I managed to read into your question what I had just done rather than what you were asking.  Somehow I completely overlooked that you were talking about audio and not RS-232 interfacing of your receiver.

Fortunately Craig Healy offered an alternative to what you were really looking for.  I'll be interested to know of your results.

Not that it matters anymore, but there is a possible optical solution to your *audio* problem, in addition to the one I mentioned for RS-232.  Using a pair of Toslink converters and a length of matching cable would provide an optical barrier to electrical noise between the PC and receiver.  This approach would be more expensive though, probably about seventy dollars.  I have not tried this, but it seems straightforward, though not so simple as the transformer solution.

If you're interested for future reference, something to look at are the POF-820 and POF-830 converter pair:
http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/audio_toslink_adapters.html#pof-820
Here are good descriptions of Toslink cables and a wide variety, which could be used between the converters:
http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/audio_toslink_cables.html

Curt
W. Curt Deegan

John Hunter wrote:
Thanks Curt! Do you know of any that isolate the receiver audio output into
the line in of a computers sound card? I would like to use SeaTTY for RTTY
and NAVFAX and also CWGet to help with NDB identification. As soon as I
plug my receivers into the MIC or Line in jack I get a very loud hash in
the radios that interferes with recording, etc.
Thanks!
John Hunter
Rossville, GA