Re: [IRCA] 1566 kHz HLAZ on DX-440

Quoting vroomski@xxxxxxxxxxx:

> Hello,
>
> Radio Shack DX-440,  HLAZ with a fair signal.  At 1344 UTC HLAZ  drop in
> signal strength..  Now S-3 signal.  Signal was lost for 3 seconds, then back
> weak.  Seems they switched antenna direction.  China on 1593 kHz down to S-3
> signal too.  No TP's heard on the lower MW band.

Yes, they broadcast to Japan (and to the Pacific Northwest accidentally) from
1230 to 1345UTC daily.  Dennis, you heard the switch to the Chinese broadcast
which can become surprisingly strong at sunrise (though not this season for the
most part), even though very little signal is sent this way.

Just carriers for me at 1500UT this morning, though 1566 seemed to be building
by 1515 when I left for work.

Nick