[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, November 30-December 13, 2018

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimesÂutility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page72
[over 323,000 views! as of December 14, 2018]

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; ICR-75 with 100-foot E-W longwire.

** MEXICO. 739.95, Dec 11 at 1300, news/talkshow in Spanish, making
terrible low het against KRMG 740.00 Tulsa, which if carefully nulled,
partially audiblizes the Mexican, which we know is XEQN, R. FÃrmula,
TorreÃn, Coahuila. It has appeared on some official listings of
stations which are *not* migrating to FM, unfortunately. It`s been
off-frequency for years (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1570, Dec 11 at 2007 on caradio, Spanish here could be
groundwave from KTUZ Tulsa, but no, it`s already skywave from XERF,
``La Poderosa`` IDs associating that with FM 103.9 as much as with
1570, an IMER station in Ciudad AcuÃa, Coahuila. XERF really is
powerful, allegedly 100 kW, while several peanut-power outlets also
brand themselves as Poderosas; who`s to know any better? This is three
hours and ten minutes before our earliest sunset at 2317 UT. XERF heard
again the next day same time (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA MW carrier search Dec 2 at 1321-1325:
774, 747, 693, 594, 828, 972, 1242, 1422, 1566, all from NW; and 1098
from W, the Marshall Islands AN carrier no doubt. In the upperband,
1242 and 1422 seem most productive, and I wonder what they most likely
could be? 1242 has 100 kW JOLF, NBS Tokyo, but also some 100 kW in
China, India, and 500 kW in Vietnam. 1422 has 50 kW JORF, Yokohama,
but also 50 kW in Taiwan, and 600 kW in East Turkistan
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Atlantic JBA MW carrier search, Dec 11 at 0627-
0633, in the order checked: 747, 729, 693(2), 639, 621, 531, 1089,
*1215, 1575. *= strongest, Absolute R, UK; (2)= at least two carriers
beating. See also Trans-Pacific (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA MW carrier search, Dec 11 at 0627:
mainly Europeans, see Trans-Atlantic, but the first one I check is 846
which at this hour I expect to be from R. Kiribati, Kiritimati (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Re:
 UNIDENTIFIED. 1521, Nov 28 at 2044 UT,
 on my MW bandscan in western
 Enid, KOKC OKC has a JBA het upon it!
 Roughly 1 kHz, but I can`t tell
 exactly on caradio and whether it`s
 1519 or 1521. Could the 2-megawatt
 Saudi be propagating this early?
 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Completely plausible at this time of year near
earliest sunset. Sunset here in MA late NOV / DEC is about 2115 UT. A
few years ago during a DX get-together at the Cape Cod house of Chris
Black (N1CP), we witnessed 1521 Saudi het at noon EST / 1700 UT and
discernible audio 15 minutes later: 4 hours pre-sunset.

Inland sites can experience long-haul DX up to 2 hours before sunset;
salt-water sites - as noted above - can be getting into the game up to
4 hours before sunset.

Shorter skip (<2000 km), especially on the upper half of the band, is
pretty much an all day thing this time of year in northern states and
anywhere in Canada
(Mark Connelly, WA1ION South Yarmouth, MA, IRCA
via WORLD OF RADIO 1959, DXLD)

Sunset here was 2317 UT, 2.5 hours later
(gh, Enid, WORLD OF RADIO 1959, DXLD)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1566, Dec 6 at 1344-1346, JBA carrier, presumably HLAZ
Jeju, Korea South, 250 kW FEBC. I`m trying to catch the signal drop at
1345 as they switch from Japanese to Chinese, but no change here;
maybe I just missed it a minute earlier. Earlier TP carrier check pre
-sunrise around 1320 found JJBBA carriers on 774, 747 (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---