Re: [IRCA] Perseus and Jaguar?

Hi Brandon,

Jaguar has been "team ware" (invitation-only users) from the beginning, and
only accessible by a handful of DXers (most of them in Nordic countries). I
became one of the group in early 2012, but lost interest a year or so
later--the features, tool set, and methods of operation were changing
almost weekly. It left my head spinning and I just didn't have the time or
interest to keep up with the latest Jaguar versions AND provide feedback.
About this time the developers moved the program to a new code base that
could better handle future features. They also arranged to have Nico write
a Perseus EXTIO.dll that provides a narrower sampling bandwidth to
accommodate WAV recordings on medium wave without extra Gigabytes wasted.

More recently (2-3 years ago?) the developers released the "Jaguar Lite"
version to the public, with no strings attached. The feature set of Jaguar
Lite is GREATLY reduced, but at least it's stable. If I was to get a
Perseus again, I'd at least investigate Jaguar Lite (or maybe the last full
prior version I used in 2013). I do miss some of Jaguar's no-brainer, quick
to use shortcuts; one of them is the VERY handy single keystroke "c" for
starting an audio clip of the current frequency, and another single "c"
keystroke to end the clip. This works with live recordings and WAV IQ
playback.

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA