[IRCA] 5 Nov Poipu, Hawaii Version

     Hmm, it seems like there is one more benefit with the Costco Travel package to this gorgeous island-- relative immunity to the effects of solar tantrums that send PNW propagation into the tank?

     I'm very sorry that Guy's propagation went south after so much planning and preparation for the Oregon coast visit. At this location the only real difference was the collection of S9 Oz and Kiwi signals joining the S9 Asians at the Aloha State beachside party. I'd better duck before some rotten tomatoes and eggs start arriving by air mail from Victoria and Seattle...

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least briefly):

666  China   UnID male speaker at very good level during JOBK fade at 1508  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/m4ov0jkw8osruh4tbhn6w7vkd39n1v6k

702  2BL   Poster child of the DU's this morning with S9 level ABC news at 1502  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/166bg03dazff1ulqasrjrzvh3pw1t05c

720  China   UnID Chinese opera station at very good level at 1553; this station always seems to play only Chinese opera  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/tr03jtqk4qhxscdjn8erazo4944v9tlc

783  Voice of the Straight   Asian leader this morning with awesome strength 5+1 TOH pips and full Chinese ID  at 1600  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/wnaev5gjrd045a22mt01nlnri12bsout

909  China   Most likely CNR6 with very good strength Chinese at 1533  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/lzkcklce5q5imzar1dznll1z0skl5jvb

972  HLCA   Male Korean speech at great level over UnID Chinese co-channel at 1527  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/3ll2ric7hcrxlx8jmk6d7qrsw0xm683l

Reasonable audio  at  times during the period (much of it understandable by a native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

Practically everything else. Come on-- I'm on vacation!

73 and Good DX,

Gary DeBock (DXing at Poipu, Kauai, Hawaii until Nov. 8)

7.5" loopstick C.Crane Skywave SSB Ultralight +

5" Frequent Flyer FSL

A new DXpedition video showing the ridiculously small gear (and a wild rooster that wasn't chicken at all about crashing the video soundtrack)  is posted at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CbS3zUD6hI&t=97s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CbS3zUD6hI&t=97s