Re: [IRCA] Morning TP Methodology?

Thanks all for responding! Interesting how everyone's routine is so similar but with variations...

I'm going to give the early morning seat time a try--it's just a bit earlier than I'm up anyway. I do have a few SDRs... From what I've been reading over the past months, seems like Elad or Perseus is the favored radio. I'll try one of mine and see how it goes.

I'm familiar with SDR Console and using the Data File Analyzer--I use that combination a lot on higher bands....

Do you guys do anything with offsets? Not exactly the same as demodulating readable audio, though.

Now, I need to build a flag. For ham use I have a DXEngineering NCC-1 and a couple of their active antennas spaced about 135' apart. It's an effective combination for 160 and even up through 40m. On BCB I can take a 50 kw AMer about 12 miles away down to nothing and hear what's under it during the day, which impressed me since I hadn't expected the array to do that well. The problem is that you have to be present to steer it which makes using it for unattended SDR recordings not optimal. A flag would be fun to try and might be an interesting addition to the receive antennas here. Always something to do!

Best and thanks...

Ken
Lummi Island, WA