Re: [IRCA] A new list...

--- Scott Fybush <scott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> With that in mind, here's "Radio Today and Tomorrow," an attempt to create
> a discussion group that's NOT a DX group, strictly speaking, but rather a
> "relief valve," if you will, for some of the other discussions that have
> been dominating the DX lists. Topics that are strictly DX-related will be
> redirected to the existing DX lists, for which this is NOT intended to be
> any sort of competition. It's my hope that the moderators of the existing
> DX lists will feel comfortable redirecting non-DX topics to "Radio Today,"
> as well.

Scott,
Thank you! That is a WONDERFUL idea.  I have not had time to check out your
group as yet, but I would imagine that like all the Yahoo!Groups I'm familiar
with, it's a free service, yes? Can anyone browse the archives or do they have
to be a member first? I don't forsee a problem in sending people there if what
they want is more discussion of a particular topic. I wish you the best of luck
with this!

(and a word of caution from a former Yahoo!Groups owner - BE SURE you have AT
LEAST ONE other person with administrative access - I have never had any
success, either personally or for my work, hearing back from support at
Yahoo!Groups - and I've tried on and off since 2001!)

Lynn.
Lafayette, LA
Check out the IRCA web site at http://www.ircaonline.org