[IRCA] Oregon Cliff (Rockwork 6) Ultralight DU's for 8-4

     The exceptional Kiwi conditions of the past two days gave way to more routine propagation this morning as several Australian big guns made their first decent appearance of the DXpedition. Kiwi signals generally took a dive, although on frequencies like 702 there were still snarls as big guns from the separate areas fought it out.

     This morning we were joined by Tom R., who had just enough space in between the "squatters" at Rockwork 4 to set up his broadband loop. Craig and I decided on the less crowded Rockwork 6, where the only distraction was a nearby squatter who asked us about 5 times if we had any cigarettes. With the exception of the new big gun 1017-Tonga the session's DU propagation seemed fairly sedate until 1300, when the Australian big guns on 594, 702 and 774 began building up strength. A few Kiwis (on 503, 657 and 702) also started getting a modest boost at that time, but nothing like the previous couple of days. 702-2BL was one of the stronger Oz signals at 1305 but Auckland put up a good fight until around 1315, when it ran out of Magic. Around this time 558-Fiji came out of nowhere with a church service that reached S7 level, only to collapse around 1320 back into the KPQ splatter. 1017-A3Z was again the star of the session, with Tom very impressed by its awesome new signals (as Craig and I have already been, for the entire week).

558  Radio Fiji One   Suva, Fiji  Church service at brief good level with female island speech and choral music around 1323 (before sudden collapse a few minutes later)   https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/r03du5hvkdhx4dfrxfy6yn8gk30zhd2x

1017  A3Z   Nuku'alofa, Tonga   Female choral music, "Amazing God" during worship service at 1225  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/n7r7vven8f5g9y4rewlgwmyeyj72dynh

73 and Good DX,

Gary DeBock (DXing with Craig Barnes and Tom Rothlisberger at the Rockwork ocean cliff near Manzanita, OR, USA)

7.5" loopstick CC Skywave SSB and XHDATA D-808 portables + 15" and 17" FSL antennas