Re: [IRCA] Terminating Resistor

Craig,

The 2.5 K ohm pot is not all that touchy. Out here, I need a variable
resistor as the conductivity changes with a moisture in the ground. Not
a lot, but I like to keep it peaked. I am sure a 1.5 or a 2.0 K would
work too. But I would not go any lower than that. The reason I used 5.0K
ohm pots over lower values, is I could not get anything lower than a 5K
from Radio Shack here on the coast. I ordered a bunch of 2.5K ones from
Nebraska Surplus and I do like them much better.
I keep extras made up so if the cows decide to eat my controls or try
to, I have spares. I have some wire mesh over the control box now. They
don't bother it much.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin