[IRCA] GOODBYE DX-398?

My Radio Shack DX-398 has served me well over the years. It is an adequate receiver as is. It also has âline outâ capability, can be set for 9 or 10 kHz tuning, has RDS, and works very well with a Gary DeBock FSL antenna. However, the right channel audio on headphones is gone and the FM band is inoperative. It is not a very good DX companion at this time so not being able to find anyone who can fix it, I am willing to give it away for the cost of shipping. If you would like it, let me know.

Having said that, if you are interested in getting it, I would have to assume that you must have some capability or means of fixing it. If you do indeed have a way to get it working again, I would much prefer to have information on this resource, get it fixed at a reasonable cost, and continue using it.

I will wait a month or so to determine if there are any âfixersâ out there. If not, I will offer it, as is, again.

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n
HQ180 & ICF2010