Re: [IRCA] IBOC/analog reception comparisons.

Re: [IRCA] IBOC/analog reception comparisons.

Not a prayer of this happening...the train's gone from the station.  Hottest
thing this year is that 30G IPod, which blows away the 300 song limit and
adds video capability.  Interestingly, seems that most of the
Hendrix/Beatles/Zeppelin tracks are hotter than ever with the IPod set.
It's not "digital" that selling it.  Digital makes it possible, but what
sells it is "it's mine."

Doubt that IPod users bother much with radio, 300 songs or 3000.

"Extensive research" has a history of being off the mark where music
consumers are concerned.  (Case in point, the incredible sales of Beatles 1
and Elvis #1, neither expected to sell as much, as fast, and continue as
strong for years as these.)

If radio wants to survive, it needs to stop trying to compete with the rest
of technology and do what it does best, which is serve as a voice for the
community where it resides.  I guess that means the "niche" stations will
last longer than all the rest of them.  Whether the signal is digital,
analog, or strings and tin cans, the industry's got to go home.

Go ahead, if you wish, and point to some more research that shows how ESPN
radio or Rush Limbaugh or whatever other source has somehow kept radio
alive.  It kept stations on the air, I'll grant, but it's not alive, because
there's nobody home.  How can we tell this?  All that dead air on some
station breaks, all that doubled audio on others is a giveaway.

IPod=cool, digital=so what?

Now if you'll pardon me, I need to burn some more CDs to have at work.

Gerry Bishop
Niceville, FL