Re: [IRCA] Hot Sunrise Enhancement Session for TP-DX

Hi Nick,

<<< I was recording from 1330UT, so will see if I can hear some of your
Chinese stations Gary. Live listening showed quite a few Chinese
from 1445UT, but except for 756 which was far better than yesterday,
none of the ones you mentioned. >>>

Yes, the Chinese really went on the warpath here after around 1430, taking over on 657 (way over Pyongyang), and mixing heavily with 603-HLSA. 756-CNR1 was also the best that I've heard it in years. Pretty hot DX to compensate for the frozen back yard!

Here is 603-China (Hulun Buir?) giving HLSA's easy listening music some severe competition around 1455
https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/xtor3iqklph45o0oo8it1pw1afctc9f2
Here is 657-China (Henan?) after dispatching Pyongyang BS' ancient music around 1442
https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/ubt52jqmbw9n84v0vq3r1cz8xfg6g1kl

The times are approximate, since my digital watch had a thin coat of ice after having been exposed to subfreezing temperatures for about 3 hours . The Koreans on 603, 657 and 972 were once again very vibrant in the predawn darkness around 1230, and continued to be very potent until the Chinese crashed their party around 1430. 657-China is a pretty rare visitor here, especially at this strength. Hope you had as much fun as I did!

Gary (finally warmed up)