Re: [IRCA] The ongoing IBOC discussion...

Re: [IRCA] The ongoing IBOC discussion...

...I said it two or three years ago on the (iirc) NRC list, I'll say it again -

If one were suitably paranoid, one would think that IBOC is really about getting
rid of the less well-funded competition AND forcing much sharper market area
definition due to the fact you need (if my ongoing experiences with DRM is any
guide) an S9+20 signal for reliable audio stream decoding. This means you *have
to* listen to your relatively local stations because they're the only ones you
*can* listen to. (Or will be, once the analog cobroadcast goes away...)

Gotta hand it to the marketing types - it's ingenious!

       Lee