[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, January 19-26, 2018

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [5 hours ahead of `ELT` during EST; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-05 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire. FRG-7 is no longer in use.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page66
[over 278,000 views! as of January 26, 2018]

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA [if any], unidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** CANADA [and non]. 1610, Jan 19 at 2322 UT, stronger Spanish here than 1620 Cuba, from where else, Toronto, CHHA with music and YL DJ giving 416 phone number for requests (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CANADA. 1610, Jan 25 at 0701 UT, YL news in Brazuguese, surely CHHA Toronto, Voces Latinas, tho their 2-year-old program sked sorely needs updating, as it just shows `All Night Music` at 06-11 UT Mon-Fri (and blank on weekends --- off the air? I doubt it)
http://chha1610am.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/PostCard-CHHA-1610AM-2016.jpg
And please explain how six hours of Punjabi each week were Latinas in any sense whatsoever (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1670, Jan 25 at 1328 UT, nulling dominant sports talk from WOZN Madison WI, I hear sermon in Spanish, 1330 UT music, 1337 UT more Spanish. Don`t see how this could be anything but KHPY Moreno Valley CA, only 1670 SS listed in NRC-AM Log, and with religious format. Moreno Valley is just east of Riverside, population almost 200K, one of the largest cities we`ve never heard of in any other context.

1670, at 1330 UT, I also hear at least a few notes of ``The Star Spangled Banner``, unseems from either of the above. But what third station would be playing it, presumably around local sunrise, and audible? There are only two other Unitedstatesians on 1670, Redding CA and Dry Branch (Macon) GA (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1710, Jan 21 at 0207 UT, slow beat strumming music. Hard to get a fix on it, but seems about NW/SE, pointing to BÃton Rouge pirate RetÃn lo que Tienes (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1710, Jan 26 at 1135 UT, soft strumming music I have heard before here, from RetÃn lo que Tienes, BÃton Rouge LA? Now there is a second weaker station with vocal music, no doubt both pirates, but what is the other one? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---