      From: Mark Pettifor <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: R. Colin Newell <coffeecanuck@xxxxxxxxx>
 Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2018 3:26 PM
 Subject: Re: [IRCA] POST SIZE

My vote goes to moving to groups.io. Please do NOT move to Yahoo Groups.
Groups.io - both the web interface and the email list - is about as easy
to use as you can get. Searching for old posts/emails is actually easy
(unlike Yahoo). I have no idea how to search the IRCA mail list for past
posts based on keywords.

I'm glad Pete got his recent post through.... I was wondering where his
Part 1 of the Caribbean report went. I thought it was something on my
end. I've had other posts in the past not make it through. Like the one
I just sent earlier today asking where Part 1 was.

Onward! :^)

Mark Pettifor
KC9DOC
Goshen, IN

On 2018-01-21 3:45 pm, R. Colin Newell wrote:
> I know this system inside and out -
>
> Iâve managed several âMailManâ lists with over 1000 members ea.
>
> Changing POST size is no more complicated than logging into the
> web-based admin page and bumping it up to whatever.
>
> Takes less than a minute.
>
> Iâd like to suggest or offer managing an alternative service to this -
> also offering the identical features - with realistic post sizes.
>
> We could do this anytime in the next couple of months.
>
> It would mean abandoning this list and its host.
>
> I think weâve wasted enough time with this 20 Century approach to mail
> conferencing.
>
> My 2 cents.
>
> Colin Newell - Victoria - B.C. CANADA -
>
>> On Jan 21, 2018, at 10:26 AM, Chris Kadlec <beaglebass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Post size? Who the freaking hell knows!

> original contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of
> the IRCA, its editors, publishing staff, or officers

--- End Message ---