Re: [IRCA] IBOC/analog reception comparisons.

Re: [IRCA] IBOC/analog reception comparisons.

> > Well, maybe some places radio listening is more common at home or at
work
> > than in the car.  No one I work with has a radio, but mp3 players and CD
> > players are common.
>
> When I was a kid, I wanted a stereo or a shortwave radio. My daughter who
is
> the last one at home, she wants an iPod Nano.
>
> She's not the only kid who wants one.

It's on my 19 year old stepson's list as well.  I have asked him and his
friends about radio, and even the alternative rock station in town is only
one step above dead silence.  Radio is just not on their menu.

Even XM doesn't seem to hold a lot of interest.  I have that here and he
never even turns it on.  He'd rather watch some cartoon show if he wants
background noise while he's doing homework.  Family Guy beats WBRU hands
down.

I hope I get to retirement age before the whole radio thing goes belly up..

Craig Healy
Providence, RI