[IRCA] 819-KCBS North Korean Girl Group

After going through about 100 wild Asian DX recordings from the recent Kona DXpedition it seems like there is finally some semblance of organization to the collection of mixes, snarls and chaos that hit the Kona beach every night around 0800 UTC.

Some of the strangest recordings have been from 819-KCBS, the flagship station of Pyongyang. A girl group in particular sounds like nothing else on the planet, in my opinion.

https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/h0gksa2xxmb8ql3ofqalo7j9o4yt1y3q

https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/gj2deffl7mjuzqr5tocsro100sfhqll9

Originally I thought that the 657-Pyongyang BS big gun (that we hear on the west coast) was a victim of Hawaii splatter, but it turns out that they showed up after all at 0900 on 12-18. Like Chris Kadlec says, they have a pause before the ID at our top of the hour (as in this recording), but no time pips. They have 3+1 pips at their own "TOH" on the half hour. This was the fourth Pyongyang BS station received in Kona, in addition to the 819-KCBS "flagship" station. South Korean "Beehive" Jammers were recorded on 801, 819 and 855, but the signals on 621 (VOK Japanese service) and 657 were Jammer-free in Kona

https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/unaxxl72uzejpa59plxo2w3sonzdfoqx

Gary DeBock (DXing in Kona, Hawaii from December 17-20)