Re: [IRCA] KiwiSDR's / other remote receivers, comments welcomed

Remote receivers are also useful for checking what really is on the air and what one might be hearing at home, when there isn't yet an ID. Also checking exact carrier frequencies is extremely useful in my mind, it's a pity, that this is properly possible only in Perseus network.

There's a group in Yahoo called sdr-filesharing, which continues Guy's work in offering platform for sharing interesting files. Not much traffic lately, but some very interesting files have been shared.

Don, thank you for the link. I thought all Kiwi's were at http://sdr.hu/map , but seems not. I'd really like to use also http://sdrspace.com/Version-2 and http://sdranywhere.com/cloud/sdrweb.py , but without map finding interesting new receivers is too slow. I hope they will have maps some day.

Mark, have you ever checked my receivers here in eastern Finland? Perseus and also SDR-IQ in sdrspace.com/Version-1 . Not really noise-free, but relatively quiet and connected to a 300-450 m Beverage acc. to time and conditions. Asia starts coming in now around 1400 UTC, hopefully today is already a bit better than past weekend.

Is there a way in KiwiSDR network for the user to reduce RF gain? It seems to be a problem in some rxs.

Mauno
host of Karelia MW DX