Re: [IRCA] Michigan DU audio, Sept.25th, 2017

I had a weak het in and out on 1098 kHz this morning, from around 1115 until 1132 when I had to leave for work.

The het was still there on my car radio tuned to 1100 kHz (also weak, in and out), with WTAM going from strong to weak at local sunrise here (1137). Het was gone by around 1140.

Amazing what you can hear on a car radio!

Mark Pettifor
Goshen, Northern Indiana
ELAD FDM-S2 on random wire
Stock radio on a 2001 Buick Park Avenue

On 2017-09-25 10:05 pm, Tim Tromp wrote:
Local sunrise: 1137 UTC

612 w/ brief threshold audio at 1131 UTC.

738 w/ bits of brief DU accented talk between 1117-1130 UTC & sandwiched between heavy CKDM-WRPQ slop, man and woman talking, some of it discernible.

1098 Marshall Islands, faded up nicely at 1120 UTC with island music & talk heard between songs in local language. Noted again later, at 1137 UTC and after their sign-off, with a huge open carrier and very pronounced 60 Hz audible hum. I can only imagine how they would have sounded if they were
still carrying programming.  Audio clip from this morning:

http://amdxer.com/download/DX_Audio_Clips_1000-1700khz/1098_khz_V7AB_25SE17_1120_UTC.mp3

73,
Tim Tromp
West Michigan
Perseus SDR + Southwest phased BOGs
original contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of
the IRCA, its editors, publishing staff, or officers