[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, September 2-7, 2017

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT` during EDT; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-04 UT eriod to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire. FRG-7 is no longer in use.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page62
[over 243,000 views! as of September 7, 2017]

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA [if any], unidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** CANADA. 650, Sept 7 at 0549 UT, adstring mentioning Saskatoon repeatedly, something called CPMA and promos for 650CKOM. Makes 52/minute = 0.867 Hz SAH with easily nulled weak WSM. I was looking for auroral conditions, hardly; and not KGAB WY either. 10 kW CKOM night pattern is north only, while day pattern has a minor lobe to south (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

============

** U S A. 540, Sept 4 at 1910 UT, from a store parking lot on western edge of Enid which I have found to be RF quiet, at least on the lower end, I start a bandscan with KDFT. Gospel huxter is alternating Spanish and English rather than Spanish only. KWMT Iowa can be heard in background. KDFT is direxional NW with its single kilowatt which helps it this way to the NNW; why? Because Ferris is SSE of The Metroplex (Glenn Hauser, caradio in western Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 590, Sept 4 at 1912 UT, nothing but a SAH, likely KLBJ Austin TX vs KXSP Omaha NE, both 5 kW ND at the margins of their reaches; city-to-city km/miles: 565/351 to Omaha, 682/424 to Austin  (Glenn Hauser, caradio in western Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 700, Sept 4 at 1913 UT, KHSE Wylie TX with song in English, partial ID caught at retune, for K281CS, 104.1, McKinney and a string of other alleged reachees including Dallas and Fort Worth; ``this station is for rent; please call John Howard, 972-904-5904``; 1915 UT Spanish song altho at first it sounded like South Asian. Is it still duplicated on KBXD 1480? Can`t hear that at midday. NRC AM Log says those three constitute the Radio Setecientos group (Glenn Hauser, caradio in western Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 870, Sept 3 at 0615 UT, talk about LSU, but it`s *not* WWL, rather in its null, from ESPN Radio; 0617 UT local break as ``Regional Radio`` promo Summer Selfie Contest, upload to website, also listen to `Trading Post`, at northwest - something.com; job opening at station, contact doug.schmitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or P O Box, in St Joe? Extended weather forecast before rejoining ESPN.

It`s 930-watt *daytimer* KAAN Bethany MO, whose exact hours apparently depend on sunset in New Orleans, but hardly applicable in the nightmiddle. NRC AM Log says it has LPSA LSSA. The latter means limited sunset authority, i.e. limited to certain months of the year, but LPSA, another new abbr., is not explained [see below]. Radio-locator.com leads to website
https://www.northwestmoinfo.com/
or specifically
https://www.northwestmoinfo.com/2015/01/29/kaan-870-am-103-7-fm/
dated January 2015.

Earlier at 0557 UT, my ear was caught by an audible het on the lo side of 870, which looped about 175/355 degrees. But gone during my KAAN log above. Possibly from a local device, but bearing also fits for KFJZ daytimer in Fort Worth, never noted off-frequency; or beyond that a couple of Mexicans, in Oaxaca, XEACC or Puebla, XENG (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1894, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Glenn, LPSA is a typo; should have been LSRA.

We have added codes for LSRA "Limited Sun Rise Authority" and LSSA "Limited Sunset Authority". These indicate were the station has an Authority but it is limited in the number of months out of the year that it has been authorized. This is done to protect other stations on the channel from interference during these periods.  Those wishing to find the exact Authority can review the documents at the FCCâs CDBS site. Using the CDBS station search:
http://licensing.fcc.gov/prod/cdbs/pubacc/prod/sta_sear.htm
Go to Details on the stations search form then View Correspondence Folder. This link will show the PSRA and PSSA documents for the station if any exist (Wayne Heinen, NRC AM Log editor, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 870, Sept 7 at 0558 UT, KAAN Bethany MO is still running day facility at night, audible with WWL nulled, as ``Regional Radio``, promo some contest with text(?) number 67760; IDs as ESPN AM 870 and FM 103.7 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1090, Sept 3 at 0549 UT, RCC talk dominant, from NE/SW, so 8? kW daytimer KEXS Excelsior Springs MO with EWTN is *still* cheating. When nulled a bit, makes 264/minute = 4.4 Hz SAH with presumed KAAY (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1894, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1090, Sept 7 at 0602 UT, KEXS Excelsior Springs MO daytimer is finally off in the nightmiddle, reverting 1090 dominance to Brother Scare on KAAY, abetted by Alexander Scourby, ``the voice of god``.

1090, Sept 7 at 1222 UT, gospel huxter in English denouncing women in the ministry or any other role not subservient to husbands, none of this 50-50 equality stuff. He knows it`s not p.c., but God so ordains, so there! This is not from NE so not Catholic KEXS, rather KAAY (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1120, Sept 7 at 1225 UT, nulling KMOX finds no Spanish from 10 kW daytimer KETU Catoosa OK, which ought to be on by now (September official FCC sunrise: 1200 UT; October 1230 UT), and is regular during full daytime, just noted yesterday. Its sign-ons have long been irregular.

Instead an English station talking about Oral Roberts University --- which is Tulsa, so KETU now in English?? No, goes on to mention something ORU is doing ``here in central Austin``, i.e. 5 kW KTXW Manor TX (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1130, Sept 4 at 1918 UT, trace maybe of music, possibly KLEY Wellington KS. Its 250-watt direxional pattern favors the north side, not much our way to the SSW:
https://transition.fcc.gov/Bureaus/MB/Databases/AM_DA_patterns/273718-860.pdf
Maybe now it`s in whack, while for years we had a good groundwave daytime signal in Enid, possibly then really non-direxional. On my eclipse trip thru Wellington, I found it strong enough once I got into Kansas (Glenn Hauser, caradio in western Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1160, Sept 7 at 1228 UT, Spanish M&W discussion looping NE/SW, soon fades out, but KFAQ IBOC 1157 is apparently off for a change with weaky 1170. Presumed 5 kW KCTO Cleveland MO, La Raza; rather than 10 kW KRDY San Antonio TX, Radio Luz religious. However, KCTO day and night patterns aim north from Kansas City market, while KRDY is broader to its NW (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1190, Sept 7 at 1229 UT, English references to Fayetteville and Fort Smith, so KREB, 5 kW daytimer, Bentonville-Bella Vista, but address in Fayetteville AR. Don`t think I`ve heard this one before. Separable from KDMR Kansas City MO EWTN with RCC talk in English (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

o** U S A. 1490, Sept 7 at 1242 UT, ads for Carthage and Joplin, so KDMO Carthage MO; at 1240 UT in the Graveyard jungle, an ID in passing sounded like KAWG. Closest fuzzy match in the Log would be KVWC Vernon TX which is just across the OK border in the opposite direxion (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1520, Sept 7 at 1245 UT, soul music mixing with KOKC, inseparable by nulling and making slow SAH, surely all three traits of KYND Cypress TX, 25 kW Houston market daytimer, not underwater. NRC AM Log gives current format as UC:OLD/TLK (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1540, Sept 7 at 1247 UT, Galveston weather and Jerry Jay signing off his show until 6 am tomorrow with Black-Eyed Peas. So KGBC is operable too post-Harvey; not sure how long it may have been offed. 1248 UT overcome by much closer, but unfavorably direxional 32 kW KZMP University Park (Metroplex) with ESPN Deportes (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---