Re: [IRCA] philosophy of logging a new one

--- Begin Message ---
Since I am a frequent reporter of just barely audible carriers, often making assumptions on what they are, here`s my take:

There are formally no ``new ones`` for me, since long ago I distanced myself from the rat race of tallying up station/country counts, not only on MW but anywave.

I realize this is all that seems to matter to many of my colleagues, but my DXing is quite fulfilling for me, as I have no idea how many stations/countries I have heard on various bands, so each log stands on its own. Everyone may feel free to consider how likely my conclusions are to be right, but if they are wrong, it is not detracting from anyone else`s totals.

For myself, each clue, such as frequency offset, DFing (which many others don`t seem to do or be able to do with fixed antennas), and loads of previous experience, can add up to a near-definite log. I`m always open for any evidence to the contrary.

>From my geographical position, and not doing much antenna experimentation, I realize I am not likely to get much audio from any TAs or TPs. So circumstantial evidence will have to do.

73, Glenn Hauser, OK

--- End Message ---