Re: [IRCA] DX dead spots

--- Begin Message ---
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:United_States_Effective_Ground_Conductivity_Map.png

Had I been live during this thread, I too would have said Oklahoma`s red dirt with iron oxide can`t be the cause, cf the Iron range of Michigan.

I would hypothesize that the Ogallala Aquifer (what`s left of it) has something to do with the large 30 G.C. area in TX-OK-KS-NE. Not a 100% match of course, but quite a bit of overlap:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogallala_Aquifer

How fortunate we are here in the great center, since so much of the USA is way lower in GC.

WNAX 570 Yankton SD is here on groundwave any day; only problem KLIF Dallas also 570. Also: KWMT 540 Fort Dodge IA vs another Metroplex station. 550 has signs of Midland TX and 580 signs of Lubbock TX under the Kansans. 670 KLTT Denver is barely audible on daytime groundwave, and sometimes WSCR Chicago tho by then I`m not certain it`s GW rather than daytime skywave, or a mixture with sporadic E affecting MW.

73, Glenn Hauser, Enid

--- End Message ---