Re: [IRCA] dx dead spots

I have visited cities like St. George UT and Sedona AZ and it is brick red wherever you look.  For DXing maybe redder means better???

ms

________________________________
From: IRCA <irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Richard Allen <richarda@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 2:44 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] dx dead spots

I’m fortunate enough to live in an area of excellent ground conductivity.  Ground wave DX into surrounding states is very good at mid-day.  My guess is it has something to do with the Port Silt Loam (Red Dirt) that cover much of Oklahoma.  It’s a significant enough feature of the region to have been named the official state soil.

Richard Allen,
near Perry OK USA.

--
believed to be clean.