Re: [IRCA] Elad FDM-S2 initial testing

âHi Mark,

ââI can second what Chuck has said-- modern Atom processors can handle SDRs
with CPU cycles to spare as long as you don't go crazy and try to run too
many programs at once.

I have a Asus T100TA Transformer tablet/keyboard combination that has the
Bay Trail-T Z3740 processor and runs my FDM-S2 well, including MW recording
to an external SSD. I haven't used this combo since last fall and don't
recall the CPU percentage when recording or playing back files.

Here's a YouTube video I made of an older HP Stream 7 tablet (Atom Z3735)
running the Elad SDR, at around 13% CPU:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FAwxwI95Zg

It's worth noting that the other external bits and pieces needed to run a
WAV file recording, Atom tablet or laptop powered SDR setup can be fiddly,
with OTG adapters, possibly powered USB hubs, and external drives and
cables. However, I've found that the faster MicroSD cards or USB flash
drives like this Sandisk Extreme model
<http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-usb-3-0-thumb-drive/> can
substitute for an SSD drive for a few hours of MW recording depending on
size (Gb). I have also used the tiny Sandisk Ultra Fit flash drive
successfully.

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA