Re: [IRCA] Oklahoma TP DX 2/15/17

--- Begin Message ---
UNIDENTIFIED. Trans Pacific JBA MW carrier search February 15, UT:
Unlike neighbor Richard Allen, I had all these on the DX-398 when I awoke just after sunrise at 1319 UT:
At 1320, 612, 594, 558 from WSW
At 1323, 774 from NW
At 1326, 1134 from NW, 1422 from NW
At 1328, 1548 from WSW
At 1320, 1557 from NW, stronger 1566 from NW
(Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Also, the night before:

UNIDENTIFIED. 1521.0, Feb 15 at 0230, carrier making quite audible tell-tale het against 1520.0 KOLM/KOKC, no doubt BSKSA signifying trans-Atlantic propagation is open. But nothing detected on several other lower split frequencies checked. So I try longwave again:

At 0231-0232 UT Feb 15, I finally get some JBA trans-Atlantic LW carriers on 162, 198, 207, 216 kHz on the NRD-545 and ALA-330S, with no sign they are NDBs, altho some higher LWBC channels are beacon-blocked. 216 is strong enough to DF on the DX-398 as from NE. I was a bit surprised at 162 as France is presumably running much reduced power now just for phase-modulated timesignals. 198 would be BBCR4, 207 Iceland (but no 189), 216 Monaco/France. Or Morocco is also listed on 207, but nothing heard on 171 kHz (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---