Sent: Monday, January 30, 2017 2:33 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] off grid noise

Interesting discussion guys. Too much noise comes from this supposed high
tech home of mine. There's probably lots I can do.  73 KAZ

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 1:04 PM, Guy Atkins <dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm thankful to Chuck for mentioning the Monster Power inverter that he
found so low in RFI noise. My search for a low noise inverter began years
ago when I was trying to use a Racal RA6790/GM in a DC-only DXpedition
setting. Even with my so-called "medical grade, low RFI" inverter placed
inside a metal can 50 feet from the receiver and with RF chokes on I/O
leads, there was far too much interference. I gave up trying to find a low
noise AC inverter.

My current FDM-S2 is powered by USB, but there are other times on a
DXpedition or around the house when a good inverter is handy to have.

Anyway, thanks to Chuck's tip I snagged a new, unopened 300 watt Monster
Power inverter, model MCPI-300 for my "make an offer" price of $16.00 on
Ebay. Evidently someone didn't know the value of what they had, as these
were $130 units before they were discontinued. Or, they were just clearing
house and didn't care how low a price it might sell for.

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA