From: IRCA <irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Bill Whitacre <bw@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2017 5:07 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Masset DXpedition loggings Jan 5 - 15th Part I-II

Hi Chris.  Does NHK give any 'local' IDs?

-

> On Jan 19, 2017, at 6:22 PM, Chris Kadlec <beaglebass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Whoops. Thanks for the catch on that. I mentioned that exact same thing on his 729 catch about NHK 2 being off the air by that hour but replied to this one first where I hadn't paid attention to the times.
>
> NHK 2 turns off every night at 1545.
>
> -Chris Kadlec
> Seoul AM Radio Listening Guide
> http://www.beaglebass.com/dx/seoul/
[http://www.beaglebass.com/dx/seoul/banner_thumb.jpg]<http://www.beaglebass.com/dx/seoul/>

Seoul AM Radio Listening Guide by Chris Kadlec<http://www.beaglebass.com/dx/seoul/>
www.beaglebass.com
The Seoul AM Radio Listening Guide is a three-hour documentary broadcast narrated by Chris Kadlec that looks at the AM band as heard in Seoul, Korea after dark. In addition, it takes a look at propaganda and signal jamming as part of the radio wars between Seoul and Pyongyang. The broadcast is accompanied by a detailed 115-page guide and complete audio transcript.

>> Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 12:58:58 +0200
>> From: Mauno Ritola <Mauno.Ritola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Subject: Re: [IRCA] Masset DXpedition loggings Jan 5 - 15th Part I-II

>>> I would have expected 300kw Tokyo on 693, but I suppose 100kw Shaanxi
>>> if it was indeed Chinese. You seem to have some very far inland
>>> stations, so it would make sense.
>
> Isn't NHK2 usually closed by 1600?
>
> 73, Mauno

International Radio Club of America<http://www.ircaonline.org/>
www.ircaonline.org
Web Site for the International Radio Club of America