Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] New Mediumwave Propagation Project

I think this is, for me, deja vu all over again ( apologies to the lat Yogi
Berra ). This is very similar to a project that the late Page Taylor and I
attempted back in the 1970's. We did manage some very rough ( and also
quite expected ) correlations between the A & K indices and receptions of
TA's in ECNA. But in part because of insufficient data of the breadth we
really needed ( i e. several others doing the same thing regularly at the
same time ), we never did anything with the data we had accumulated, and it
is long gone.

My caution is that even with enough active participants, the moment to
moment variations in the ionosphere and also on the ground may make it
impossible to come to any scientifically acceptable conclusions.

Russ Edmunds
15 mi NW Phila
Grid FN20id
<wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>

AM: Modified Sony ICF2010's (4) barefoot w/whip
FM: Yamaha T-80 & T-85, each w/ Conrad RDS Decoder;
Onkyo T-450RDS; Tecsun PL-310 ( 4);
modified Sony ICF2010's (3) w/APS9B @ 15';
modified Sony ICF2010 w/whip