Re: [IRCA] Brazil Heard in Ontario

On Thursday 17 November 2005 07:22, Chris Black wrote:
> Hi Barry,
>
> Here are a couple of logs from the NRC from last year that you might
> want to consider.
>

>       840 72-01 BRAZIL   R.Bandeirantes, São Paulo  SEP 21 - Presumed;
> Portuguese vocal mixed with Spanish station, much flutter, fast
> Brazilian beat.  Strong WHAS signal phase nulled to reveal the Brazilian
> signal under. [Stromsted-MA]
>       840 72-28 BRAZIL   ZYK687 R.Bandeirantes, São Paulo (23°32'S
> 46°37'W) JUN 2 0152 - Portuguese talk by man; fair over jumble.
> [Connelly-MA 4815mi 7748km]

Rocco Cotroneo kindly offered to listen to my clip, and he confirmed that
it was definitely Radio Excelsior da Bahia in Salvador that I heard.  He
heard the same station a few nights ago, and noted the same list of
network affiiates being read.  This station is part of a new religious
network called "Rede Aparecida de Evangelizaçao".

Now that I've finally got one in the log, I'll be looking for more
Brazilians... speaking of which, I had what sounded like preaching in
Portuguese later that same evening, on 650.  I seem to recall that WSRO
carries PP programming at times, so it was probably them... but does
anybody know for sure whether they do?

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON