Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 06:15:37 +0000
From: Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] AFN AM Frequencies

DX friends in Korea tell me that none of the Korean AFN stations are running a full 5 KW, (As some are listed),as they just do not have that good a signal. The towers are short and they just do not have much coverage. I tried for years to nab one, but no luck here as yet. One Dxer said some years back, that he never heard any when he was in Japan. Their ground system probably leaves a lot to be desired. I have heard AFN-810, 648, and 1575 (Japan), as well as AFTRS 1550 (Now 810) and several AFRTS outlets from Taiwan in the 60s (1560-1570).

Patrick

Patrick Martin Seaside OR KGED QSL Manager