Re: [IRCA] #2000 logged from Michigan

Congrats Tim! Glad to see you've hit 2000! Glad to read of your great
successes using the antenna systems I suggest. I don't keep and exact count
here and also don't count call changes but a several years ago and pre
Perseus use an informal count had me slightly above 2000. I had the
benefits of two decades here and some great TA cx aided by Phased BOGs and
some channels with a couple of TA's logged on them. Perseus has been a
great help and I have been amazed at what I'd left on the table for logs
and the ID's one can pull out under the dominant under the dominant. I
think if I had to guess I've got about 2500 logged here in Barrington IL
over 22 years. You hitting 2000 since 2009 is remarkable.

As for DE  two here in IL. 900 pre-sunset about 2:50 pm in Dec years ago
with Phased BOGs before other stuff faded in. 1290 dug out with a portable
when reported on day power for a 76ers game again years ago.

In WI I managed to log your 47 states in fewer that 20 sessions at the
superb QTH. Lake MI to my east makes the eastern stuff lots easier than
here in IL (except for DE). Putting some distance from Chicago makes the
more difficult (for Chicagoans) states like ID and NV reasonably easier
with Phased BOGs during good sunset skip times. But no DE even with many
tries since then and sometimes Phased BOGs aimed right at them. Checking
patterns for DE they have no stations that put much power this way. But
eventually you'll get them if you aim at them. I'd use Phased BOGs to
concentrate the beam and to minimize back end QRM.

As for AK, someday when cx are much better northerly (give it a couple more
years in the sunspot cycle) you'll have a chance with that D-KAZ north. If
sunrise, expect at least some carriers from Japan/Korea. The morning I had
Japan here I was stoked for AK and CK-750 didn't have any audio much of the
time or was off. But the program I copied I pinned down as Utah with WSB
phased out even though using Phased BOGs aimed 320 deg.

I still look for HI in DU cx. Many channels have Mexican QRM in the same
cx. 1500 seems a good shot but it seems low powered domestics are in there
near SR even if I can get rid of KSTP and aim the D-KAZ array beam WSW.
I've listened to many of Mark D's recordings from central MN at SR and I've
been able to confirm the SF Bay area Viet stn for him on 1500 but no trace
of HI. So this doesn't seem easy.

73 KAZ