[IRCA] Alaska AM DX 1000UTC 12-23

Well, I had some interesting DX before bed.

KIHH 1400 Eureka, CA 780 Watts with christmas music and a merry christmas
wish with specific mention of Immaculate Heart Radio. 0956UTC/1256AM AKST.
Audio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJwDY_aRoFY

KGOE 1480 Eureka, CA 1000 Watts with end of talk program, station id and
time check. 0959UTC/1259AM AKST. Audio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJjoeOAkSfQ

The distance between Eureka, CA and Galena Alaska where I am is 2100 miles.

Radio 4TAB 1008, Brisbane with 10kw and very directional. 3 tower array. I
think the NE lobe from 4TAB must be smack pointed right at Galena, Alaska.
Recorded at 1011UTC/1:11AM AKST with a very good signal. Audio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQjrBtmG-Dw

The station is mainly horse racing results and play by play of horse races.
They got a power upgrade from 5 to 10kw in 2001 and operate 24/7 on
generator power from an island off Brisbane.

Paul B. Walker, Jr.
Galena, Alaska
225 foot long wire
Grundig 750