[IRCA] Eagle 810

This 50,00 Watt AM Station from Yokota Air Base in Tokyo, Japan has quickly
become one of my favorite AM stations to log from here in the rural central
interior region of Alaska.

Conditions on both AM and SW have been total crud for the last several
days. . Some days, even my super strong, steady dependable JOLF 1242 from
Tokyo has been weak.

Eagle 810 rears it's head in the later morning hours. It's almost always
there, but fairly regularly its barely above the mush, but I can "Tell"
it's there.

Fairly regularly the reception is well, Fair and sounds like this recording
on December 14th at 1853UTC/953AM AKST:
http://onairdj.com/AFNTheEagle810_12142016_953am.mp3

What's kind of interesting is when this signal is good, it never stays good
for long.. it'll pop above the mush for 30 seconds, 2 maybe 3 minutes
usually before fading into oblivion. The clip above from December 14th had
reception hanging around for over 20 minutes or more.

However, on December 20th between  1915 and 1921UTC, I had some pretty good
reception for a little while. The signal was about as good as I've ever
heard them and included the tail end of a PSA, a station liner along with
two pop music songs.

Here's two clips from December 20th:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPwilUAN8Js
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx-LKNUlTTA

In that second clip, you can hear how quickly the signal turns to mush and
how mushy and messy it gets.

It's easy to spot an AFN station because the majority of their few AM
signals that are left which play music are playing hit/pop/current music.

At night, when I tune 810 I've never heard anything other then KGO San
Francisco. KGO is at least audible, sometimes poor, sometimes fair and not
very often, it's very good.

Paul B. Walker, Jr.
Galena, Alaska
Grundig Sattelit 750