From: IRCA <irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Dennis Gibson <wb6tnb@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2016 8:52 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Father of radio

You just barely beat me to it. I heard about him in a college media class 40 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 23, 2016, at 6:37 PM, Mark Durenberger <Mark4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> There are them what think the REAL dad was Nathan Stubblefield:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Stubblefield

> http://www.rense.com/general34/rew.htm

> Regards,
>
> Mark Durenberger
>

> -----Original Message----- From: Richard N Allen
> Sent: Friday, December 23, 2016 7:04 PM
> To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [IRCA] Father of radio
>
> http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2016/12/23/history-dec-23-1900-the-real-father-of-radio/
[http://img.src.ca/2016/12/23/240x135/161223_bw526_rci-m-fessenden-1906_4.jpg]<http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2016/12/23/history-dec-23-1900-the-real-father-of-radio/>

History: Dec.23, 1900, the real father of radio<http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2016/12/23/history-dec-23-1900-the-real-father-of-radio/>
www.rcinet.ca
Everybody seems to know the name Marconi. They often think of him as the inventor who started the idea of radio. While Marconi is often credited as being "the", or at least, "a" father of radio, he was in fact experimenting with wireless telegraphy, not radio. In fact, Marconi was never interested in transmitting voice...

> Sent from my iPad
> --
> believed to be clean.

International Radio Club of America<http://www.ircaonline.org/>
www.ircaonline.org
Web Site for the International Radio Club of America