Re: [IRCA] Alberta TPs for 19 December 2016

Might a little light streaming audio from ye olde Internet fulfill your need for S9 signals? I find that DX and S9 often don't correlate very well on my own radio.

I'm actually really grateful to those who make the effort to DX regularly and report on their failures as well as successes, as I suspect that DXers as a group are getting a much clearer idea of the way the MW band works, even if not yet, a clear idea of why. Not to mention, some really interesting DX has turned up along the way, flagged by one or another individual, and benefiting others.

best wishes,

Nick

At 05:35 20-12-16, R. Colin Newell wrote:
I don't get up unless signals meet or exceed S9. Getting up to chase hets and relisten to stuff I've heard 30 times already is illogical.

Actually thinking of going to Hawaii in 3 weeks w/o any radios.

Colin Newell - CoffeeCrew.com - VA7WWV - Victoria - BC

> On Dec 19, 2016, at 9:30 PM, Nigel Pimblett <nige2730@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Another "I'll take what I can get" type of morning:
>
> 1566 HLAZ Cheju, S.KOREA First noted at 1342 with woman talking , then piano music. Interestingly that was the same time Richard had them in OK. Was in and out the next hour here, never better than fair.
>
> 1575 VOA THAILAND Presumed the one heard very weakly at 1458 with "Joy to the World" then talk by woman.
>

> 73,
>

> Nigel Pimblett
> Dunmore, AB
> Perseus SDR with Wellbrook Phased Array