[IRCA] Fwd: Re: Topband: Improving condx?

According to the Topband reflector, European conditions to the midwest (and further west) have been good on 1.8MHz. What say the MW DXers? (carrier noted on 1215 again last night on Vancouver Island, but not much else)

best wishes,

Nick

Superb conditions to EU from IL last night as well.  Definitely the best
top band conditions I've experienced.

Matt NQ6N

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 1:56 PM Art Snapper <art@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Conditions to EU were better than I have seen so far this season I was only

> on from 0430-0500z, but even that was impressive.

> Tom 4O/KC0W was very loud. In fact, he was louder than he is at our sunset

> peak.

> 73

> Art NK8X

> On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 2:46 PM, <daraymond@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Greetings Topbanders. . .

> > I got on the air on TB late last evening about 11:00 p.m. Central
> Standard

> > Time and had a pleasant surprise.   I had been QRV 160 earlier in the

> > evening and found conditions to EU to be poor (when I have trouble
> copying

> > SV3RF, F5IN, HA8RM, etc., things are bad).  However, I got back on later

> > having suspicions that maybe conditions were beginning to improve so I

> > started calling CQ.  I was pleasantly surprised and ended up working 32
> EU

> > stations (not a bad run from here in the Midwest).  It wasnâ??t a
> continuous

> > run as I stopped to tune around from time to time to see what else might
> be

> > going on.  I could have worked more stations but was tired and went to
> bed.

> > The real surprise was well over half the EU stations worked were either
> new

> > call signs for 160m or all time new call signs.  I was careful to make
> sure

> > I was getting call signs accurately so Iâ??m confident the â??uniqueâ?? call

> > signs were indeed valid. As we get further into the season Iâ??ve noticed

> > the past week or so this pattern of improving conditions as EU SR

> > approaches.  It most definitely has not always been that way this season

> > here in Iowa.   In any case, it might pay for you stateside guys to stay
> up

> > a little late as EU seems to waiting.

> > 73 and compliments of the Season. . .Dave, W0FLS

Nick Hall-Patch
Victoria, BC
Canada