Re: [IRCA] Exploring The Possibility Of An Alaskan DXpedition

Paul, thanks for putting this out to the universe.  That's very kind of you
to volunteer.  Our hobby is a narrow one, and most of us have to work to
survive.  Not many would be able to afford the airfare to Galena, I'm
sure.   I shudder to think how much it would be, knowing how terrible the
fares are for me just to fly to Masset and back.  It's cheaper to fly to
Europe often, compared to my < 1000 km flight from Victoria (via Vancouver)
to Masset!  So, I do hope that you get some interest.  Don't feel bad if
you do not, though.  I'm sure many of us do the Walter Mitty thing with
your postings!  I'm fortunate since I've experienced many of the great
loggings you submit from Masset.  It is pretty magical.  Don't completely
rule out doing a solo DXpedition from your vehicle.  Just an overnighter
would give you a taste of the possibilities.  We've all done that in the
past.  I know I used to drive out to Sombrio Beach (about 1 1/2 hours from
Victoria, and very isolated) to DX, sometimes for more than a night, as
well as on Haida Gwaii, where I'm usually on my own totally, especially if
I drive out to Rose Spit which involves some pretty wild drive access to
get there via 4 x 4.  The results are well worth it, though!  73,...Walt