Re: [IRCA] Too cold!

On 2016-11-29, at 3:00 AM, JOHN FISHER wrote:

> Walt,
>
> You are correct about Dave. I saw him about4 or 5 years ago and he was thinking about getting back into the hobby, but to my knowledge, I don't think that he has.If I recall correctly, he was retired now. Tony Ward of Whitby, ON sees him occasionally also.
>
> I had not heard about Cedric. If true that is sad, he was a similar age to me.

> On 11/29/16, Walter Salmaniw <canswl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Dave seemed to have permanently left the hobby, despite some reports that
>> he might return to the hobby.  I've heard he's devoted his time to his
>> daughter's ballet career.  I'd hate to say this if I'm wrong, but didn't
>> Cedric pass away?   73,…Walt

Well, I sure hope that's not true about Cedric……but then again I haven't heard a thing about him in many years. Cedric was here for Dinner one night years back before accompanying me to the ODXA  - London Chapter Meeting where he gave a Great Talk on Tropical Band Dxing. Cedric and Dave were virtual Encyclopaedias when it came to Tropical Band DXing on Short Wave. Always enjoyed freezing to death with them in the Chinchilla Barn. We heard some amazing stuff back in those days…….Getting Old!!!