Re: [IRCA] Autumn 2016 DXpeditions?

It is too early in the day to judge, but with Ap=15, it's not looking like
a rapid improvement.

Russ Edmunds
15 mi NW Phila
Grid FN20id
<wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>

AM: Modified Sony ICF2010's (4) barefoot w/whip
FM: Yamaha T-80 & T-85, each w/ Conrad RDS Decoder;
Onkyo T-450RDS; Tecsun PL-310 ( 4);
modified Sony ICF2010's (3) w/APS9B @ 15';
modified Sony ICF2010 w/whip

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 4:20 PM, Mauno Ritola <Mauno.Ritola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hopefully the conditions improve, good luck.
>
> 73, Mauno
>
> 3.11.2016, 22:00, Russ Edmunds kirjoitti:
>
>> Just a quick note that the 2016 LBI DXpedition has now begun. We have 5
>> DX'ers currently, with another 5 arriving tomorrow.
>>
>> Russ Edmunds
>> 15 mi NW Phila
>> Grid FN20id
>> <wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> AM: Modified Sony ICF2010's (4) barefoot w/whip
>> FM: Yamaha T-80 & T-85, each w/ Conrad RDS Decoder;
>> Onkyo T-450RDS; Tecsun PL-310 ( 4);
>> modified Sony ICF2010's (3) w/APS9B @ 15';
>> modified Sony ICF2010 w/whip
>>

>> On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 6:06 AM, Bill Whitacre <bw@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Mark and thanks for putting together a list of prospective
>>> DXpeditions..
>>>
>>> After joining the crowd at LBI in a couple of weeks, Iâll be making the
>>> trek to Quoddy House in a month or so - Nov. 13-20 - then back to
>>> Fleeton,
>>> VA, on the Chesapeake Bay, for a few days in early December and then
>>> Grayland in February, 2017.
>>>
>>> Hoping for quiet geomag conditions and mild weather!
>>>
>>> At all locations Iâll be using what has become my âstockâ 160â DKAZ with
>>> Vactrol termination.  Just completed two more Vactol units yesterday and
>>> may summon the energy to try an in-line array of closely-spaced DKAZ for
>>> some added directivity â or take another shot at a broadside array of
>>> DKAZ.
>>>
>>> Bill Whitacre
>>> Alexandria, VA

>>> irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> coastline such as:

>>> for that

>>> well by near-DXpedition-grade home-based reporters such as Allen Willie
>>> in
>>> NL, Michael Yule in NS, Brent Taylor in PEI, Sylvain Naud in QC, a few of
>>> us in New England, and sporadic contributors from other coastal hotspots
>>> such as the NC Outer Banks and south FL.

>>> Africa, South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda.

>>> Rockworks, Grayland, and Haida Gwaii).  Every so often trips to Hawaii
>>> are
>>> mentioned.  Japanese and Australian DXers are likely to be active
>>> sometime