[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, October 14-20, 2016

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimesÂutility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page51

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; ICR-75Â E-W longwire

** NICARAGUA. 539.80 approx., Oct 15 at 0056, hearing a het about here to 540 stations. Maybe Spanish, but too tough to split it off from XEWA 40 Principales. Have been alert for this since reports from Terry Krueger in FL of Managua`s R. CorporaciÃn on 539.83 as of Oct 3; and finally at least I`m getting the het/carrier (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 560, Oct 15 at 1209, YL with weather, mentions Durango, dead air, dramatic music; 1212 PSA for SEP, 7:12 TC, more PSAs for SEP [SecretarÃa de EducaciÃn PÃblica], seem read by same local YL announcer; 1215 over to OM announcer. Besides Centro timezone, only the ``Durango`` clew to go on, but very likely XESRD, Santiago Papasquiaro in that state; a remote town roughly halfway between GÃmez Palacio and Durango capital; with 10/1 kW, does it cover either or both? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 580, UT Fri Oct 14 at 0403, old-time-radio show in Spanish, mentions ``Chucho el Rojo`` (neither name certain!). Loops SSW so presumed XEMU Piedras Negras, Coahuila, rather than XEFI Chihuahua which I recently logged from the SW; WIBW Topeka in a fade, then up a bit, but diminished by auroral? Behindthename.com says Chucho is a diminutive for JesÃs (but never applied to Cristo, I suspect --- ``Chuchocristo``?).

Then I go to XEMU website, and find a sparse programaciÃn page,
http://rancherita.com.mx/programacion.html
fortunately including this!

``De 3:00 a 3:30 de la tarde y tambiÃn a la [sic] 11:00 de la noche de lunes a viernes. Radio Novela Chucho el Roto``

Roto means broken, rather than Rojo = red. Searching on full name, and then adding novela, Wikipedia provides:

``Chucho el Roto (1858â1885) was a Mexican bandit active in the late 19th century, whose life story has been the basis of number of books, plays and other media since before his death. His real name was JesÃs Arriaga...``

``La XEW realizà una versiÃn de Chucho el Roto como la Ãltima gran radionovela transmitida por la estaciÃn radial, con mÃs de 3,200 capÃtulos a lo largo de once aÃos, tuvo gran acogida en MÃxico, CentroamÃrica y SudamÃrica. Debido a este Ãxito, se produjo una telenovela que se transmitÃa junto con la radionovela; posteriormente se adaptà una tetralogÃa cinematogrÃfica que se fue estrenando en paralelo a la transmisiÃn de la radionovela.``

3,200 episodes over exactly 11 years = 291 per year, more than one a day, if 5 per week, which would need 261. {Probably a bit more than exactly 11 years.} So now, I, and perhaps you, have gained a learning experience from this brief DX log (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1848, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 640, Oct 16 at 0153, with KWPN OK nulled, instead of KFI I am getting lounge music, applause, Spanish ID as ``BM Radio, 640``, TC for 7:53, i.e. XEJUA JuÃrez, Chihuahua, 5 kW ``daytimer``; which along with XEP 1300 will have to do in the absence of 800 XEROK: see CANADA (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 700, Oct 14 at 0412, Spanish mentions ``Radio Centro``, with WLW nulled. There is such a station/network in Mexico, but IRCA, WRTH, Cantà listings don`t draw any connexion on 700. Could it be from somewhere else in Latin America? No such listings in WRTH. A little further researching shows it`s only XEDKR, Guadalajara, 10000/150 watts [yeah, sure] relaying Radio Red (1110 DF), but that is part of the Grupo Radio Centro (flagship XEQR 1030). Once again we wish at least the IRCA Mexican Log would display Grupo affiliations with each entry, if any (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 780, Oct 15 at 1220 UT, with KSPI rock nulled, Spanish 7:21 TC, plugs ``en el PCP``, Coahuila mentioned. PCP apparently a political party rather than a toxin. Maybe it`s this one:
http://mexico.leyderecho.org/partido-constitucional-progresista/
altho there are other ``disappeared`` parties with same initials, per searching. The Coahuilan on 780 is XEWGR, Monclova (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 800, Oct 15 at 0535, NO signal detectable from XEROK, instead dominated by CKLW from opposite direxion; see CANADA (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 800, Oct 17 at 1242, with KQCV OKC nulled as much as possible, weak Spanish making slow SAH, promo for La Hora Nacional about Guanajuato. Straining to hear anything identifiable, maybe mentions ``CaÃÃn``, i.e. XEROK on greatly reduced power (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 800, Oct 20 at 0505 UT, Spanish talk by woman about ``robo de identidad`` (identity theft); with KQCV OKC nulled. I am trying to get a definite ID to confirm XEROK is still on the air, so again at 0559 UT: XE NA by kidchoir starts, and it`s the multi-verse version for 5 minutes until fading, and by 0605 playing another song (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 820, Oct 17 at 1242, romantic ballads interrupted by canned YL non-ID as ``Canal 800-20, ABC Radio``, really XEABCA Mexicali BCN. Dominant with WBAP in a fade, and even when it comes back up, easily nullable (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1050, Oct 16 at 0146, ``escucha la estaciÃn del evento 2,016, La Fiesta``, says XEG Monterrey NL; referring to what? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. [Re my previous report:]
Trans-Atlantic JBA MW carrier search October 12,
generally from NE, some a bit more ENE, hampered by lightning in the
next OK counties:
0520-0525: 612, 639, 774, 936, 1044
0525-0530: 1062, 1152, 1413
0530: 783 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Based on what I get here and that his list has a southerly tendency
(i.e. no UK 909, 1089, 1215 et al.), these would be the best guesses:
 612 Morocco (has poor modulation)
 639 Spain RNE
 774 Spain RNE (probably too late for secondary Egypt)
 936 Spain RNE
1044 Spain SER
1062 Italy RAI
1152 Spain RNE
1413 Spain RNE
 783 Mauritania (has poor modulation); secondarily Spain

When I've listened at my brother-in-law's place in Fort Mill, SC the
TA's that do get through are mostly Canary Islands, Spain, Algeria
etc. - i.e. southerly routes (Mark Connelly, WA1ION, South Yarmouth,
MA, IRCA via DXLD)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA MW carrier search October 15, UT:
>From 1202: 702-WSW, 612-WSW, 594-WSW
>From 1204: 828-WSW
>From 1207: 1098-W
(Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA MW carrier search October 16, UT:
at 1233, 774-WSW, 828-WSW
at 1235, 1098-W, 1548-WSW
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA MW carrier search October 17, UT:
at 1224: 702-WSW, 774-WSW (vs increased splash from 780 KSPI OK playing music instead of talk) (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA MW carrier search, Oct 19, UT:
At 1202, 612-WSW, 702-WSW
At 1203, 738-SW, 828-WSW [but no 774!]
At 1204, 1098-W (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA MW carrier search, October 20, UT;
all loop WSW, u.o.s., i.e. most likely Australia or New Zealand:

1203, 774
1205, 702 (2 carriers beating), 693-NW? (too much KGGF), 684
1209, 594, 576
1210, 612, 657
1211, 729
1211, 738-SW (stronger than others, likely Tahiti, too much 740 KRMG)
1212, 828, 837
1214, 846, 882, 891
1215, 1035, 1098-W
1220, 765, 756, 774, 747