Re: [IRCA] 9/30/16 DU chase from IL

To finish up on this topic (for now?) Tim...I asked on the MWoffsets list about these, and Merv Joyce in Australia has responded with this follow up information, if you don't already have it:

2NR checked on ground-wave here in Brisbane at 0200-0230Z. Nicely cycling 738.0019 ­ 738.0022 with an approx. 5 minute period.

I have checked those other two signals on 738kHz you mentioned the other day ... they are both visible at local sunset and fade-out time as noted here would confirm that (consistent with the sunrise vector)

738.0007 is indeed Tahiti
737.9985 is NZL (but this signal varies between 998 and 000 during any night ­ moving higher in frequency as night progresses)

Merv has a very professional approach to nailing these offsets down, so I'd defer to him myself on this topic. (which means I was very gratified to see his verification of my Tahiti measurement!)

best wishes,

Nick

Hi Tim,

Checked again this morning after a fresh calibration, and I have 2NR on 738.0018 and Tahiti on 738.0007, so agreeing very well with what you saw.

Thanks for getting me to think about this again. Got to get that GPS lock set up; I've only been thinking about it for the last 4 years.

best wishes,

Nick