[IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 10-5

Unlike Richard and Colin I had no South Pacific DX show up in this DU-dead zone this morning, although like yesterday there were a few ghostly Asians rising out of the noise during a lackluster sunrise enhancement. The session would have been a total bore except for the odd pattern of Asians showing up-- on 594, 603, 657,and 738.

At first band check (1245) only 1566 had a weak carrier, and the Asians stayed comatose until around 1330, when 594-JOAK barely came out of the noise. Around 1345 the carriers on 603, 657 and 738 came into audio, and after double-checking all of these to confirm that they weren't from the DU direction, I detected weak Korean-inflected female speech on 603, apparent bad-mood Korean on 657, and weak music on 738. These all bailed by 1355, leaving 594-JOAK as the last ghostly Asian to bite the dust.

The only semi-interesting DX heard here overnight was because of the IRCA post from Walt about 738-Tahiti's good signal around 0515 UTC. After setting up the 15" FSL in the rainy back yard I did record a fairly good signal from the station just after 0600-- but probably far less impressive than Walt's Victoria signal. Unfortunately I needed to record on 737 kHz because of monstrous 740-KCBS splatter. As discussed in the aurora-related DX thread recently, whenever we have aurora-like conditions here in the Northwest we also have mega-pests in California that get enhanced by any aurora-- and there seems to be an unlimited supply of them.

738 Radio Polynesie Mahina, Tahiti French vocal music at fairly good level at 0604; recorded on 737 kHz (because of enhanced San Francisco splatter)
https://app.box.com/s/3s5pzy6drmpkubrwj8mbbpkbvwtnujqf

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)
7.5" loopstick C.Crane Skywave Ultralight +
15" FSL antenna