[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, September 23-29, 2016

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimesÂutility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page50

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; ICR-75Â E-W longwire

** MEXICO. 550, UT Monday Sept 26 at 0345, stuff about Chihuahua from SW, including hot-springs tourist attraxion (not to be confused with Aguascalientes = one word), i.e. XEPL, Ciudad CuauhtÃmoc, 5000/150 watts. As usual, nothing readable from QRP 800 XEROK to compare with, while 1300 XEP seems similar but of course not synchronized, as it seems every station does a separate playout rather than live network feeds of `La Hora Nacional` or statish additions (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 560, Sept 25 at 1201, PSA, then ``La Tremenda 560``, SHVA mentions Guanajuato, but this slogan belongs to XESRD in Santiago Papasquiaro, Durango, 10/1 kW (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 610, Sept 28 at 0518, dominant signal with romantic music, ``106.1, Radio [Viva?], Guasave`` non-ID, back to music. XEGS, 5/1 kW, Sinaloa, also a sunrise regular (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 660, Sept 27 at 1104, ``La Kaliente 102.9`` ID = XEEY Aguascalientes2, which with 50/10 kW is the dominant XE, surpassing XEDTL DF 50/1 kW (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 680, Sept 25 at 1202, Mexican NA, 1204 ``La Mera Jefa`` Guasave ID with jingle incorporating 93.7 FM, i.e. XEORO 10/1 kW. 1200 UT is when XEs in the UT-6 zone (such as MDT here) anthem away (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA [and non]. 870, Sept 23 at 0259 UT, I am noticing that WWL has some musiQRM, but also some QubaRM as an ``RR`` fires in Morse from Radio Reloj, which per WRTH 2016 counts upon three: 10 kW in Bueycito GR and Baracoa GÃ (closest), 1 kW in Sancti SpÃritus SS.

The music is probably KJMP Pierce CO, 1200/320 U4, as KAZ reported:
``KJMP 870 CO into IL --- KJMP with their oldies is bothering WWL tonight here near Chicago for a new catch for me. They must be seriously out of spec and none of their patterns is supposed to put much this way. They were loud crushing WWL at the Convention in KC last weekend. 73 KAZ Barrington IL (Neil Kazaross, Perseus and DKAZ Phased Array aimed westish, 0333 UT Sept 18, NRC-AM via DXLD)`` {or WPWT 870 TN per further reports}
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1060, UT Monday Sept 26 at 0339, two Spanish mixing, one mentions `Planeta Verde`. Presumably two XEs with separate appendices to `La Hora Nacional`. One of them should be XEEP, but too little modulation on 6185 XEPPM, and too much splash from 6180 Brasil to make a match. Until 0354 when I can do so with the 6185 just-barely-modulation.

The other could be XERDO Matamoros/Reynosa which would be Tamaulipan programming, and BTW is on-frequency with no het any more (while KIJN TX cheating 10 kW daytimer, is avoided by nulling, but certainly heard later, q.v. under USA) (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1140, UT Monday Sept 26 at 0337, ``Nuevo LeÃn en la Hora Nacional``, same about Cervantes as on 1190 but not synchronized; gives cabina phone number, as if this is really live; much stronger here from XEMR, 50/50 kW, which is otherwise dedicated to gospel-huxtering. When we hear it like this, which is most of the time, we can`t believe it is on night pattern toward the SW (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1845, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1190, UT Monday Sept 26 at 0336, I`m looking for regional appendices to `La Hora Nacional`, and here`s one: lexure about Don Quixote and Cervantes, during ``Nuevo LeÃn en la Hora Nacional``, plug for Universidad AutÃnoma de NL (all of which have nothing in particular to do with Cervantes). So this is XECT, Monterrey, Contacto 1190, 10000/100 watts, yeah, sure (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1845, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. UNIDENTIFIED, 1280, Sept 25 at 0501 UT, Mexican choral NA, amid lots of QRM including sports from New Orleans. (A good time to seek XEs, local midnite). Among several, most likely by proximity and power is XEAW Monterrey NL, 10/1 kW (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific MW carrier search, Sept 25 at 1153-1215 UT: With the DX-398 swiveled by my wrist, I append rough DF of whence each is coming from: NW (Japan, E Asia), or WSW (Australia/NZ). All of them are JBA, some more so than others.

1153: 774-NW, 747-probably NW, 702-WSW, 612-WSW, 828-NW, 882-WSW
[also 594 N/S, so my local mystery is back; it may be slightly above 594.0]

1209: 1098-W, between the bearings of most of the others as fits for Marshall Islands; Majuro is 277 from here. Avoiding some birdies nearby, concentrating on the proper-pitch het on 9-kHz scheme. Note that Marshalls are the next island chain beyond Hawaii`s direxion.

1211: 594-WSW
1212: 612-WSW
1213: 693-NW, 702-WSW
1215: 774-NW, 882-NW
Sunrise here: 1222 UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific pre-sunrise JBA carrier search Sept 28 UT:
At 1211:  774-WSW, 702-WSW, 693-WSW? Heavy KGGF QRM
At 1214:  675-WSW, 657-WSW, 594-WSW?
At 1219:  828-WSW
At 1220: 1098-W [Marshalls]
At 1223: 1548-WSW
LSR: 1225 UT. So Pacific/downunders today rather than Japan
(Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA carrier search Sept 29: unavoidably awake circa 1000 UT, I quickly check 774 but nothing yet. With K-index of 5 and a G2 storm in progress as long predicted, I am not expecting  much, especially over hi-latitude paths.

Just pre-1226 sunrise at 1212-1214 UT:
774-WSW, 738-? Maybe Tahiti, terrible splatter from 740 KRMG Tulsa, 50/25 U4, which in Sept is on day power from 1200, but from Oct not until 1230, which will help on this. Also from WSW: 702, 612, 594, 828; so looks like all Australia/New Zealand, not Japan/FE. Nothing on higher frequencies up to 1611 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---