[IRCA] September 25 minimalist listening

Listened from 1200 through 1225 UTC of mundane radio reception
on my N/NW facing "*Taepodong-2* " radio antenna (favouring all things
Korean peninsula) and the sparkling and new N/NE facing "Kris Kringle" FLAG.

The N/NW "Great lead-in wire" delivered yawn inducing S9 signals from
NHK on 567, 594, 774 and 828 and blistering signals from Korea on 972, 1053
and 1566 Khz.

As other more dedicated disciples of the radio dial would find out if they
hung on - persisting until dawn would result in a handsome enhancement. Not
for me.

By 1225 UTC it appeared that things were improving somewhat but I was on my
10th or 12th day in a row without the necessary beauty sleep to keep me
looking like George Clooney (or Burt Lancaster for you older guys...)

Vanity ruled.

--
Colin Newell - Editor and creator *of *Coffeecrew.com
<http://www.Coffeecrew.com> and DXer.ca <http://www.DXer.ca> -